- 1 Butternut squash
- 3 small beets
- 1 red or yellow onion
- 2tsp Avocado oil
- 1tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp silken chilli (or red chilli flakes + 1/2 tsp sugar)
- 1/4 tsp Sumac
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Dried cranberries or blueberries
- Pumpkin (or other) seeds
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F.
- Dice all your vegetables into small chunks.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix vegetables with all seasoning.
- Leaving space, place your vegetables onto a parchment-paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes or until the edges begin to caramelize.
- Garnish and serve with rice!
- 1 Cup brown, organic rice
- 5 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- Orange peel
- Soak a cup of rice in plenty of water for 30 minutes or more to help remove the the Arsenic rice naturally accumulates from the soil (even organic).
- Drain the rice cover with fresh water. Add cloves and star anise directly to the rice, or in a tea bag for easy clean up. If you have an orange, add a slice of peel too!
- After your rice is cooked (times vary by type of rice) drain the water leaving rice in the pot. Place a linen towel taught over the pot with the lid holding the towel in place. Turn off the heat and let steam for 5-10 minutes.