- 1 organic fennel bulb
- 1 or 2 medium blood orange(s) (regular orange will do, but blood orange makes a big difference)
- 1 French shallot or ½ red onion
- 4 medium or 7 small sprigs fresh mint
- 1 handful of Rocket (Arugula)
- Organic apple cider vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Bowl of ice water
- Using a mandolin or speed peeler, shave the fennel, then dip in ice water for a few seconds. Drain, spin, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Peel & thinly slice the (blood) oranges, then add to fennel.
- Thinly slice ½ small red onion or 1 French shallot & add to fennel.
- Season to taste with a splash of apple cider vinegar, olive oil to taste, sea salt, & freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss well, garnish with fennel fronds, mint, & rocket, & enjoy!